Monday, August 30, 2010

Bridal Bouquet

Bridal bouquet.... yippie!!.... finally... my most awaited lesson :) As this is not for real customer, flowers used were not so fresh anymore – just for demo and class purpose.

The shape was the famous dome shape – small and cute for a bridal bouquet.

1. One type of flower with long stem, filled with statice and casphia

And welcome the young models.... (sifu's grandchildren). They are really cute and adorable, been 'lekat' with me throughout the lesson, haha. They seemed excited as I am... as if they knew I'm making a bridal bouquet! And they even volunteered to hold the bouquet and pose for photos. Pretty bride in the making.

She's so cute, feel wanna 'cubit' her cheeks...haha...really 'betahan'...

The brother is really cheeky and poser 'gila'..... Notice the bouquet has longer stem, wrapped with satin ribbon and pinned with pins. It has to sit in a jar filled with water when it's not in use. This type is mostly popular with the Americans, but I think is also quite popular here....just that with shorter stem.

2. Grouping of several type of flowers, with shorter stem
Various outcomes can be achieved by using grouping method. It's all up to our creativity on how we want the bouquet to look like.... as long as it's not too overwhelming.

First 2 groupings were demo by my 'sifu'

This one is done by me, 100% by me :)

The shorter stem version – has wet cotton inside to keep the bouquet fresh

No comments:

Post a Comment